Resultados 441 a 446 de 446

Tópico: Rumores e leaks AMD RYZEN

2n-1 Avatar de ímpar
    Data de Registo
    Nov 2003
    Local
    No Estado A Que Chegámos

Boas!

German IT Distributor Publishes AMD+Intel Roadmaps: Z490, Z390, 8-Core CFL in Q4

https://www.anandtech.com/show/12711...core-cfl-in-q4
    Lá em cima há planícies sem fim; Há estrelas que parecem correr; Há o Sol e há dia a nascer;
    E nós aqui sem parar numa Terra a girar…

Avaliação Compras/Vendas

Old School Member
    Data de Registo
    Jul 2007
    Local
    Terceira. Açores

Aahahah...you sick bastard. A ver vamos. Até prova em contrário

2n-1 Avatar de ímpar
    Data de Registo
    Nov 2003
    Local
    No Estado A Que Chegámos

Boas!

Delidding The AMD Ryzen 5 2400G APU: How To Guide and Results
    As previously stated, the primary use where I could see delidding a Ryzen 2000 series APU viably applicable would be in a situation where cooling restrictions are in place such as a small form factor system or a HTPC. The benefits of the reduction in temperature would allow for a more svelte and slim line cooler to be used without pushing towards the maximum operating temperature.
    https://www.anandtech.com/print/1264...yzen-delidding
    Lá em cima há planícies sem fim; Há estrelas que parecem correr; Há o Sol e há dia a nascer;

Avaliação Compras/Vendas

2n-1 Avatar de ímpar
    Data de Registo
    Nov 2003
    Local
    No Estado A Que Chegámos

Boas!

Dois artigos com o mesmo assunto:
    Has AMD made overclocking Ryzen CPUs pointless?
    2nd Generation Ryzen CPUs, though, have seen frequencies move northwards, which is a welcome move, but while power consumption is still well away from being worryingly high, the fact remains that the Ryzen 7 2700X can boost to higher frequencies than we've achieved overclocking across all-cores using safe every-day vcores. This is especially true if you apply Precision Boost Overdrive, which sees frequencies boosted further still.

Of course, you won't see all cores boosting to the maximum boost frequency, but in lightly-threaded workloads the new CPUs are able to hit those maximum frequencies quite regularly, leading to big increases in performance compared to previous-generation CPUs. But, for overclockers, this poses a problem to lightly-threaded performance if the maximum boost frequency is noticeably higher than your best stable all-core overclock.
    https://www.bit-tech.net/blogs/tech/...s-pointless/1/
    The days of casual overclocking are numbered
    Put a sufficiently large liquid cooler on a Ryzen 7 2700X, for example, and that chip may boost all the way to 4 GHz under an all-core load. Even if you manage to eke out another 200 MHz or so of clock speed from such a chip in all-core workloads, you're only overclocking the chip 5% past what its own monitoring facilities allow for. That performance comes at the cost of higher voltages, higher power consumption, extra heat, and potentially dicier system stability, not to mention that the 2700X is designed to boost to 4.35 GHz on its own in single-core workloads. Giving up any of that single-core oomph hurts.

When the difference between a Ryzen 5 2600 and a Ryzen 5 2600X is just $20 today, and a Ryzen 7 2700 sells for just $30 less than its X-marked counterpart, I have to wonder whether the tweaking is really worth the time. If one can throw $100 or so of coolant and copper at the problem to extract 95% of a chip's performance potential versus hours of poking, prodding, and testing for stability, well, I know what I'd rather be doing, to be honest. As I get older, I have less and less free time, and if it's down to gaming or not gaming, I'm going to do the thing that lets me game more.
    https://techreport.com/blog/33653/th...g-are-numbered

Avaliação Compras/Vendas

Old School Member
    Data de Registo
    Jul 2007
    Local
    Terceira. Açores

Pois. Eu cada vez estou é mais confuso....

2n-1 Avatar de ímpar
    Data de Registo
    Nov 2003
    Local
    No Estado A Que Chegámos

Boas!

AMD's Ryzen Master Overclocking Software Overview

AMD has been stepping up its game in the CPU and motherboard arena for the last year. Its Ryzen Master software is an overclocking utility that is motherboard agnostic, which allows overclocking and performance tuning from within Windows. With new chipsets comes a new iteration of this software. We take it for a test drive and let you know what we thought of it.

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2018...tware_overview

Avaliação Compras/Vendas