Tópico: Mass Effect: Andromeda

AquaPC Elite Avatar de sithdarklord
    Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Default Mass Effect: Andromeda

Mass Effect 4 star: ‘we don’t want Shepard 2′ – BioWare

Mass Effect 4 – or whatever the next Mass Effect will be called – will star a hero that is not just a re-hash of Commander Shepard, BioWare Montreal has revealed to VG247. Find out the studio’s philosophy to crafting the next star of the franchise below.

Speaking with VG247 at a recent EA showcase, BioWare Montreal producer Fabrice Condominas agreed that the studio has never shied away from the fact that Mass Effect will continue after the current trilogy, but with a new hero.

We asked him what the studio’s approach to whatever comes next in the galaxy-hopping franchise will involve, to which Condominas replied, “There is one thing we are absolutely sure of – there will be no more Shepard, and the trilogy is over.”

“This is really our starting point. Now the Mass Effect universe is vast, and very, very rich. So at this point in time, we don’t even know what kind of time frame we’re going to be in. All we’re doing is more gathering ideas from the teams, gathering feedback to see several things.”

“So first, we don’t want to make ‘Shepard 2′, or Mass Effect 4 with like, ‘oh there’s no more Shepard but you’re a soldier in the universe’. So this will be a very, very different context for sure, and nothing has been decided on the rest.”

Who do you think is big enough to step into Shepard’s space suit? Maybe you’d like a brand new character who hasn’t been seen before? Let us know what you think below.

Meanwhile, BioWare’s next expansion for Mass Effect 3, the Omega expansion, has been priced and dated by the studio. get all the details here:
    Mass Effect 3 Omega DLC dated, detailed & priced.
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/10/19/mass...ard-2-bioware/

Mass Effect 4 uses Frostbite 2, is ‘respectful’ of previous games – BioWare

Mass Effect 4 will officially run on DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine, according to a new blog post by BioWare Montreal studio director Yanick Roy. He also promises that it will be respectful of previous Mass Effect titles. So it won’t be a first-person shooter anything like that, we hope. Get more details below.

In his blog post on the official BioWare site, Roy confirms that BioWare Montreal is in charge of Mass Effect 4 development, although it will still be supported by the core Edmonton branch, headed up by Casey Hudson.

Roy also confirmed that Mass Effect 4 will incorporate many features developed by the Edmonton branch for Dragon Age 3, (please excuse the Google Translate French-English translation) “There is really not much I can tell you about the game right now, except that it will be built with the amazing technology of Frostbite acts as foundation, enhanced by many of the systems the Dragon Age III team has Already Spent a lot of time building.

“The other thing I can tell you Is that, while it will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both gameplay and story on the fronts.

“You can still expect the pillars for the deductible is known to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling.”

The studio is now hiring for the project, and we’ll be keeping our eye on the job listings for new information.
    http://www.vg247.com/2012/11/12/mass...games-bioware/
    Última edição de sithdarklord : 08-11-2016 às 06:36
    CM Stacker/Antec HCP 850W Platinum/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/I7 [email protected]/Prolimatech Megahalems/Kingston HyperX 16gb DDR4 2666/GTX 1080 TI/Crucial MX300 750GB/Creative Soundblaster Z/Logitech G5 Refresh/Func 1030/Altec Lansing PT6021/Dell U2515H/PS3 120GB

Feedback

Projecto

Fier d'être Français. Vive la France !!!

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Should Mass Effect 4 be a prequel or sequel?

BioWare has asked fans whether Mass Effect 4 should be a sequel to the existing trilogy or take place before, Phantom Menace-style.

Mass Effect overlord Casey Hudson canvassed fans via his Twitter account last night.

"Parsing through your thoughts on the next #ME game. Would you be more interested in a game that takes place before the trilogy, or after?", he wrote.

A game set earlier in the series' history may come into conflict with already-established canon. We already know how the human race got to the start of the Mass Effect series (they found a mass relay inside Pluto's moon, fought the turians and got given a nice swanky office on the Citadel).

A game set later in the series' history would have to tackle Mass Effect 3's various ending choices, which leave the galaxy in varying states of repair.

It's not the first time BioWare has asked fans their thoughts on the next Mass Effect game, but word that the developer has yet to choose a time-setting is another sign that development is still in its infancy.

The next Mass Effect game is being developed by the current trilogy's B team at BioWare Montreal (instead of the main outfit, BioWare Edmonton). It will run on DICE's Frostbite engine and utilise systems in development for next year's Dragon Age 3.

"While [Mass Effect 4] will be very respectful of the heritage built over the course of the first three games, with the original trilogy now concluded and the switch over to a new engine, we are exploring new directions, both on the gameplay and story fronts," BioWare Montreal studio director Yanick Roy said earlier this month.

"You can still expect the pillars the franchise is known for to be fully intact though, including diverse alien races, a huge galaxy to explore, and of course rich, cinematic storytelling."
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...quel-or-sequel

Prequel!
    CM Stacker/Antec HCP 850W Platinum/Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/I7 [email protected]/Prolimatech Megahalems/Kingston HyperX 16gb DDR4 2666/GTX 1080 TI/Crucial MX300 750GB/Creative Soundblaster Z/Logitech G5 Refresh/Func 1030/Altec Lansing PT6021/Dell U2515H/PS3 120GB

Feedback

Projecto

Sequel!

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Mass Effect 4: BioWare discusses its place in series, choices may carry over

Over on the BioWare forums, community manager Chris Priestly wrote, “To call the next game Mass Effect 4 or ME4 is doing it a disservice and seems to cause a lot of confusion here.

“We have already said that the Commander Shepard trilogy is over and that the next game will not feature him/her. That is the only detail you have on the game. I see people saying ‘well, they’ll have to pick a canon ending’.

“No, because the game does not have to come after. Or before. Or off to the side. Or with characters you know. Or yaddayaddayadda.”

BioWare Edmonton head Yanick Roy has backed up Priestly, adding on the forums, “Thinking of the next Mass Effect game as Mass Effect 4 would imply a certain linearity, a straight evolution of the gameplay and story of the first three games.

Interestingly, Roy suggested that choices from previous Mass Effect titles may carry over, “That doesn’t mean that events of the first three games and the choices you made won’t get recognised, but they likely won’t be what this new story will focus on.

“If you had three games centred around a group of key soldiers in the US army during World War I and then decided to make a game about another group of people during the Second World War, the games could have many points in common and feel true to one another.

“You likely would have to recognise how the events of the first war influenced the ones of the second, but you would not necessarily think of it as a sequel. Again, the analogy is not great, but what I’m trying to say is that the ME universe is so rich that we are not limited to a single track when coming up with a new story.

“What makes it Mass Effect is indeed the alien races, the technology, the lore, history, etc. You can safely expect those in the next Mass Effect.”

We already know that ‘Mass Effect 4′ will use Frostbite 2, along with some other snippets of information.

I spoke with BioWare about the above last year, and they confirmed that the studio didn’t want the game’s hero to be ‘Shepard 2′. They want someone fresh instead.

Thanks Eurogamer.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/07/mass...ay-carry-over/

Feedback

Projecto

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

BioWare Talks Next Mass Effect on Twitter

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/1...ect-on-twitter

Feedback

Projecto

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

BioWare Teases Next Mass Effect With New Images

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/11/0...ith-new-images

Bem...não está esquecido

Feedback

Projecto

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Mass Effect 4 is recognisable, despite all the changes

http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/23/mass...l-the-changes/

Feedback

Projecto

AquaPC Elite
    Data de Registo
    Jul 2007
    Local
    Terceira. Açores

Nunca mais sai poh...se calhar em fins de 2014 ou ainda será em 2015???

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Pois, também estou como tu.

Segundo este artigo:

Mass Effect 4 already in a playable state

BioWare Edmonton and Montreal general manager Aaryn Flynn has been playing the next Mass Effect, according to a comment on Twitter.

“Great time playing the next Mass Effect game in Montreal,” he said, showing an off-screen photo of the BioWare logo.

“Ambitious. Beautiful. Fresh but recognizable. And fun.”

The next Mass Effect game is in development at BioWare Montreal, a support team founded in 2009 now working on its first lead studio project. Although the design document is complete, we’ve heard very little about it.

We know it won’t star Shepard, or even “Shepard 2″, and that it’ll run on Frostbite 2, sharing some mechanics with Dragon Age: Inquisition. This reference may suggest that Mass Effect 4 is a more traditional RPG than the shooter-driven original trilogy, which would explain why BioWare keeps referring to it as a “new thing” for the series.

We don’t know if it is a prequel or sequel, but in either case BioWare has promised to be respectful of earlier games.

Don’t expect to hear much about the new Mass Effect until after Dragon Age: Inquisition ships in the third quarter of 2014.

Thanks, GameInformer.
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/18/mass...layable-state/

Só depois do Dragon Age e como não os estou a ver lançar 2 rpg's para concorrerem entre si, acho que só mesmo lá para 2015.

Feedback

Projecto

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Mass Effect 4 Trailer

Feedback

Projecto

AquaPC Elite
    Data de Registo
    Jul 2007
    Local
    Terceira. Açores

Amazing..dass.que fabuloso

AquaPC Enthusiast
    Data de Registo
    Dec 2008

Mass effect é uma obra prima, aquele som até me arrepia a espinha lol

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

New Mass Effect Mako Animation and First Details!

Feedback

Projecto

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Bioware focusing on PC, current-gen development of Mass Effect 4

In celebration of N7 Day, Bioware held a Mass Effect 4 roundtable session where the US and Montreal teams discussed the heavy amount of exploration in the game, as well as its focus on PC and current-gen consoles.

The next entry in the series will contain new races, and concept art for some of the homeworlds was shown. Those are posted below. Players, as they explore, will be able to discover these new species and learn about about each race. Race homeworlds can be dangerous, but in some instances will be a peaceful areas. Not to worry: there will be darker and more dangerous areas as well.

While not much was given away regarding the next Mass Effect title, at a Comic Con panel earlier this year Bioware revealed the new hero is somehow connected to N7, and while there are hints that it will take place during Commander Shepard’s lifetime in another galaxy – nothing was confirmed during today’s stream.

Bioware isn’t calling it Mass Effect 4, stating they didn’t want to “build Mass Effect 4″ – but that is what everyone else is calling it until an actual title is revealed by the developer.

While the game is considered a “spiritual successor” to the trilogy instead of a sequel, it will be the “largest Mass Effect game” yet and a new way of scanning the environment will be available along with more use of the Mako vehicle.

Bioware said the goal with this Mass Effect game is to “marry” exploration with creating relationships, engaging in lots of conflict and “shooting people in the face.” As with previous titles, your choices and actions will have consequences and your party relationships will reflect said choices.

The Frostbite-developed title was not confirmed for last-gen consoles, but Bioware didn’t say it wouldn’t be released on PS3 or Xbox 360 either. However, it’s safe to assume it will be a PC, PS4 and Xbox One title only at this time. Don’t quote us on that though.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/11/07/mass...ioware-twitch/
    Andem lá com isso!

Feedback

Projecto

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

E3 2015 Announce Trailer

Feedback

Projecto

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Feedback

Projecto

AquaPC Elite
    Data de Registo
    Jul 2007
    Local
    Terceira. Açores

Nunca mais chega dass...não há data oficial ainda sika?

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Pelo trailer oficial da E3 que postei antes deste, será por esta altura do ano que vem.

Penso que agora que estão despachados de Dragon Age, devem estar a todo o vapor no Mass Effect. Pelo menos no que a rpg's diz respeito.

Feedback

Projecto

AquaPC Elite
    Data de Registo
    Jul 2007
    Local
    Terceira. Açores

Pois. Ainda bem. Nunca joguei os dragon age portanto não me importo muito lool se bem que a critica sobre eles é muito boa. Mas mass efect está num cantinho especial. Que remédio em esperar. O problema vai ser mesmo é o pc :/

Data de Registo
    Jun 2004
    Local
    Sintra

Ou vais poupando uns cobres e depois fazes upgrade, ou então, compras para a consola.

Espera...tive a ver o teu perfil. Porra, não me digas que daqui a 1 ano o I5 2500k já não dá conta do jogo.

Podes subir um pouquinho o overclock, para 4.2 (nestes cpu's é quase garantido) e mesmo que não tenhas possibilidades de upgrade à gráfica, se ela se aguentar até lá, de certeza que dá para jogar.

Feedback

Projecto